Kench Hill is rated a 3-star Group Hostel by VisitEngland. It is clean, comfortable and well-maintained, ideal for family learning, holiday projects, day or residential training/team-building courses or for a relaxing retreat for families and groups, including wedding receptions and other celebrations. We welcome non-school groups to Kench Hill during holidays and weekends (Fri pm to Sun), particularly those from Hackney and other inner London boroughs, with or without tuition from our expert tutors.
We offer self-catered or catered visits for up to 50 people. Self-catering groups have use of our fully equipped kitchen with electric and gas ovens, fridge, freezer. We have a gas BBQ for outdoor dining. Groups can bring their own food or organise deliveries from local suppliers. We can also arrange supplies for groups, including produce from our own kitchen garden. There are supermarkets in Tenterden open until 10pm (4pm on Sundays), and various options for dining including fish and chips, Chinese, Indian and Turkish, plus pub food. Home delivery is limited however (no pizzas or burgers!)
For special occasions we can recommend local suppliers eg party caterers Passionate Food www.passionatefood.co.uk and several award-winning vineyards eg Gusbourne, Chapel Down.
We can provide a range of catering options on-site to suit your requirements. Our cooks prepare healthy, balanced home cooked meals using fresh local ingredients, many picked from our own garden. We encourage young visitors to eat plenty of salad, fruits and vegetables. We cater for most dietary needs including vegan, halal, gluten-free (with prior notice).
Our 16-seater minibus with a driver may be available for use. It may also be possible to arrange insurance for your own drivers if suitably qualified (prior notice required).
- No smoking is allowed in the building.
- No pets in the building.
- Bed linen is provided, but not towels.
- The Centre is in a rural area. Nearest public transport and shops are 2 miles away.
- We work on a non-profit basis with minimal staff. We expect visitors to leave the Centre clean and tidy.
- We are committed to help protect the environment and expect visitors to assist us reduce, re-use and recycle. Please try to bring minimal packaging and reduce waste. Our tap water is excellent drinking quality, so you do not need to bring bottled water.